Pastures and summits
Sixt Fer à Cheval is a village where the tradition of high mountain pastures is still very strong. You will get a chance to share a snack with a farmer and discover how life in high mountain pastures is organized.
Sixt abounds in remarquable sites accessible by wonderful hikes. Just to name a few, that will leave you with unforgettable memories:
- The Mont Buet: altitude of 3100 meters
- The Cheval Blanc: altitude of 2831 meters
- The Grand Ruan: altitude of 3044 meters
- The Vogealle: altitude of 1902 meters
- The Désert de Platé: altitude of 2500 meters
- The high mountain pastures of Salvadon: altitude of 1700 meters
- The high mountain pastures of Commune: altitude of 1650 meters
- And many other summits...